The Western Stage is excited to announce that we are looking to hire a new position: Community Engagement Manager. From the job description: “The Community Engagement Manager is actively involved in creating, planning, and managing activities to enhance and ensure that each moment in which new or existing TWS audiences interact with the theatre is a fun, fabulous, and quality experience.”
If this sounds like you, read the full job description and apply by March 20, 2014!
FOR THE CAREER-MINDED THEATRE STUDENT
The Western Stage is looking for three administrative interns for the 2013 season
1) Front of House (Filled at this time)
2) Outreach (Open until filled)
Successful candidates for these positions will work together and assist each other in all three areas. Internships are offered to those who seek practical training in Theatre Administration rather than those seeking a “job.” Stipend commensurate with experience and ability to fulfill responsibilities.
The possibility for interns to continue into the 2014 season is contingent upon performance review at the end of the 2013 season.
- College Sophomore or older
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, highly organized, highly responsible, and able to meet multiple deadlines independently
- High level of follow-through and follow-up for project completion
- Efficient and effective and possesses high level of attention to detail
- Able to complete tasks under pressure and in a timely manner
- Able to work on a team under direct and general supervision
- Computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets and visual presentation preparation
- Valid and clear driver’s license. Use of own vehicle.
- Stipend available and commensurate with experience and ability.
- Each position requires flexibility in scheduling including days, evenings and weekends
- All Interns are involved in special event planning and implementation, and will participate in staff meetings as appropriate. Interns attend trainings and meetings as a group, and organize an Intern/Apprentice Project as a culminating activity.
Applications available now:
HLanda@hartnell.edu (Front of House)
MChin@hartnell.edu (Outreach and Social Media & Marketing for future consideration)
Open until Filled.
Interviews will be scheduled after paper screening.
NEW: Outreach Coordinator
This is a grant-funded position that has the potential to become a staff position. Currently it is a part-time, seasonal position that works under the Artistic Program Director (APD) that is contingent upon adequate funding. Representative responsibilities include:
- Works with Outreach Intern(s)
- Serves as point of contact for Monterey County Schools
- Is responsible for updating and disseminating Outreach materials and submitting webpage updates
- Coordinating the Outreach Touring Show
- Recruit, train, and schedule Outreach Touring Artists
- Book show & submit follow-up reports to APD
- Teacher communication and follow-up data
- Assist with Outreach Student Matinee
- Assist with “TWS A La Carte” ( the Marketing & Publicity dog-and-pony show) and make presentations to promote TWS Programs
- Support for the LegacyPlayer’s performances
- Assist with TWS’ partnership with the Alisal Center for the Fine Arts (ACFA) as assigned.
Schedule: Flexible Weekday and Weekend evening availability. Schedule is based upon touring show bookings, and administrative work required. An average of 20-25 hours/week to begin. Base pay commensurate with training and experience. **Again, position is contingent upon adequate grant funding support.**
Previous and proven experience with Public Service, with teaching youth, with Theatre Production and a true affinity for working with youths/ children
- High level of creativity, dedication, discretion, and professionalism
- Attention to detail, ability to follow-through completely and meeting deadlines
- Experience with report documentation and data presentation
- Experience, adaptability and advance acting skill, touring/teaching shows
- An understanding that all facets of producing and technical ability a plus (stage management, costume/set/props design or creation)
- Database or Design program knowledge
- Position announced: December 2012 – January 2013
- Letters of Intent, resumes and letters of recommendations accepted : January 2013
- Interviews scheduled: Late January 2013
- Projected start: February 2013
Outreach Touring Show Actors & Young Company Teaching Interns
We are seeking a group of actors who are able to perform in Salinas Valley schools to introduce students to live theatre and to engage them in turning their stories into a staged presentation. School presentations generally occur during the mornings or afternoons during the school day and are offered during Spring and Fall semesters. Actors will train with Outreach Coordinator, Intern(s) and TWS ADP. Stipend available for rehearsal and then by individual bookings.
We are also taking applications for Teaching Interns to work with our summer Musical Theatre Camp for ages 5 – 16. Complete information and applications available at http://westernstage.com/programs/for-youth/young-company-home/
Email Letters of Intent, Resumes and Letters of Recommendations to: TWSOutreachCoordinator@gmail.com