FOR THE CAREER-MINDED THEATRE STUDENT
The Western Stage is currently looking for the following:
1) Company Management Intern (Open until filled)
The Company Management (CM) Intern position is the first step in establishing a consistent first point-of-contact and liaison for TWS Company Members. The CM Intern will have primary responsibility for ensuring that all Company Members know and understand Company policies, and that they have completed all requirements for their Company Status. In addition, the CM Intern will work to secure housing for guest artists each year, and help facilitate distribution of student scholarships.
The CM Intern’s general schedule is Tuesday – Saturday days, with some evenings as required to meet with and assist Company Members. This is a general schedule and days/times may be changed to accommodate the work as needed. *Fluid and flexibility of availability is important. The position is currently open until filled, and is scheduled for the remainder of the 2014 season. Performance review in December 2014 will determine 2015 offer.
The CM Intern is under direct supervision of the Artistic Director (AD) and Artistic Program Director (APD), and will work in direct coordination with the Casting Facilitator, the Young Company Coordinator, and the Production Manager to ensure that Company operations and policies uniformly understood.
These are the areas of direct responsibility for this position:
- Enrollment Management & Records
- Student Scholarship Facilitation
- Communication & Enforcement of Company Policies
- Enrollment Management & Records
- Communicate directly with VP of Student Services and Enrollment Services Manager to keep current with requirements for student application, enrollment, and documentation & reporting.
- Attend monthly and special meetings with the A&R, Business Services, Scheduling & Fine Arts cohort
- Ensure appropriate and timely enrollment of all students
- Notify TWS managers of students in danger of being dropped from Company
- Act as point of contact for TWS Company regarding any application and enrollment questions or difficulties and track their enrollment history
- Act as point of dissemination and receipt of Company Informational Packets
- Receive and track LOA requests from Casting and Production
- Create LOA and ensure that signed Merit LOAs are received in time for stipend requests
- Work with ThA Adjunct Faculty to ensure timely and accurate grades and hours are submitted.
Student Scholarship Facilitation
- Generate and organize paperwork and facilitate monthly check requests
- Alert Area Managers of delinquencies (missing items) on a twice-weekly basis in order to ensure that students submit all required paperwork by defined deadlines in order to be eligible for scholarship.
- Procure annual of housing for out-of-town artistic guests, including recruitment of community patrons and/or service organizations to serve as Housing Hosts
- Facilitate matches between TWS guest artists & Housing Hosts
- Serve as liaison between TWS guest artists and Housing Hosts
Communication & Enforcement of Company Policies
- Ensure that all Company Members are aware of and follow Company Policies regarding professional
- comportment and
- Assist Young Company Coordinator with providing minors involved in Performance & Technical areas connected to Season plays and musicals with a safe environment, adequate supervision, and an experience that is not only
- professional but enjoyable.
- Ensure that all policies regarding minors are followed in all instances. May include but not limited to attendance, supervision, relationships between other members, social media, etc.
- Assist AD & APD, and other departments as time/schedule allows and as assigned.
- Highly organized and able to work independently within clear guidelines.
- Skilled communicator – written and oral – and can work with all types of personalities in a calm and professional manner at all times.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Comfortable working in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Able to spot and solve problems quickly, efficiently.
- Knowledge of Theatre and Production.
- Accurate calculations and basic accounting.
- Facility with MS Word, Excel, Adobe, ten-key, Facebook, Twitter
Position open until filled.
Immediate placement for successful candidate.
Possibility of developing into a staff position.
Send Letter of Intent with summary of qualifications, resume, three work references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write “TWS Company Management Intern” into the subject line. No phone calls please.
2) Outreach (Open until filled)
Successful candidates for these positions will work together and assist each other in all three areas. Internships are offered to those who seek practical training in Theatre Administration rather than those seeking a “job.” Stipend commensurate with experience and ability to fulfill responsibilities.
The possibility for interns to continue into the 2014 season is contingent upon performance review at the end of the 2013 season.
- College Sophomore or older
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, highly organized, highly responsible, and able to meet multiple deadlines independently
- High level of follow-through and follow-up for project completion
- Efficient and effective and possesses high level of attention to detail
- Able to complete tasks under pressure and in a timely manner
- Able to work on a team under direct and general supervision
- Computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets and visual presentation preparation
- Valid and clear driver’s license. Use of own vehicle.
- Stipend available and commensurate with experience and ability.
- Each position requires flexibility in scheduling including days, evenings and weekends
- All Interns are involved in special event planning and implementation, and will participate in staff meetings as appropriate. Interns attend trainings and meetings as a group, and organize an Intern/Apprentice Project as a culminating activity.
Applications available now:
HLanda@hartnell.edu (Front of House)
MChin@hartnell.edu (Outreach and Social Media & Marketing for future consideration)
Open until Filled.
Interviews will be scheduled after paper screening.
NEW: Outreach Coordinator
This is a grant-funded position that has the potential to become a staff position. Currently it is a part-time, seasonal position that works under the Artistic Program Director (APD) that is contingent upon adequate funding. Representative responsibilities include:
- Works with Outreach Intern(s)
- Serves as point of contact for Monterey County Schools
- Is responsible for updating and disseminating Outreach materials and submitting webpage updates
- Coordinating the Outreach Touring Show
- Recruit, train, and schedule Outreach Touring Artists
- Book show & submit follow-up reports to APD
- Teacher communication and follow-up data
- Assist with Outreach Student Matinee
- Assist with “TWS A La Carte” ( the Marketing & Publicity dog-and-pony show) and make presentations to promote TWS Programs
- Support for the LegacyPlayer’s performances
- Assist with TWS’ partnership with the Alisal Center for the Fine Arts (ACFA) as assigned.
Schedule: Flexible Weekday and Weekend evening availability. Schedule is based upon touring show bookings, and administrative work required. An average of 20-25 hours/week to begin. Base pay commensurate with training and experience. **Again, position is contingent upon adequate grant funding support.**
Previous and proven experience with Public Service, with teaching youth, with Theatre Production and a true affinity for working with youths/ children
- High level of creativity, dedication, discretion, and professionalism
- Attention to detail, ability to follow-through completely and meeting deadlines
- Experience with report documentation and data presentation
- Experience, adaptability and advance acting skill, touring/teaching shows
- An understanding that all facets of producing and technical ability a plus (stage management, costume/set/props design or creation)
- Database or Design program knowledge
- Position announced: December 2012 – January 2013
- Letters of Intent, resumes and letters of recommendations accepted : January 2013
- Interviews scheduled: Late January 2013
- Projected start: February 2013
Outreach Touring Show Actors & Young Company Teaching Interns We are seeking a group of actors who are able to perform in Salinas Valley schools to introduce students to live theatre and to engage them in turning their stories into a staged presentation. School presentations generally occur during the mornings or afternoons during the school day and are offered during Spring and Fall semesters. Actors will train with Outreach Coordinator, Intern(s) and TWS ADP. Stipend available for rehearsal and then by individual bookings. We are also taking applications for Teaching Interns to work with our summer Musical Theatre Camp for ages 5 – 16. Complete information and applications available at http://westernstage.com/programs/for-youth/young-company-home/ Email Letters of Intent, Resumes and Letters of Recommendations to: TWSOutreachCoordinator@gmail.com